upmmas.com
September 25, 2017, 01:52:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Vendors and Sponsors Section! Email 2FarNorth to be listed.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: My 150 gal Corner Hex - Updated photos 1-20-2013  (Read 14223 times)
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2012, 03:45:37 PM »

I think it all looks wonderful! I can't get over how big that Acan especially has gotten Grin Everything looks very healthy. I'm no expert on SPS, but aside from the bleaching at the base it too looks great. Best person to talk to would be Jim. Try shooting him a pm, he usually answers pretty quick. Or give him a call Smiley Keep up the good work, it's really paying off!

What I do is feed my Skunk Cleaner shrimp a wee bit first. Then target feed everything else. No worries about feeding the Tonga. The Tonga will propagate via splitting. A new little shroom will be seen underneath when it does so. The fungia very hard to propagate and unusual for them to go sexual while in captivity. You don't find many if any aquacultured Fungias.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:36:27 PM by MizTanks » Logged

There's nothing like being a Reefer!
HeiHei29er

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:45 PM »

Couple of new additions
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

Getting into the world of sps is quit the endeavor Smiley Make sure you research research research Smiley Not trying to be discouraging but they do have very special requirements, especially when it comes to water parameters, lighting and flow. Good luck and keep the updates coming!!!

HeiHei29er

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

Hear that and not really taking to deep a plunge.  Sticking with the "easier" of the group: Seriatopora, Montipora, and Stylophora.

I have all my powerheads pretty high in the tank.  Wanted to get something that wouldn't mind the high light/high flow in the upper parts of the tank.  Maybe get one or two more and that will be it.   Smiley
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »

Sounds good Smiley Truly enjoying watching your tank grow. You've got great taste in corals  Grin

HeiHei29er

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »

A quick video of a fuzzy pistillata and some recent pics of the acan, duncan, and the new Kole Tang.  The top branch of the pistillata is starting to branch, and you can see some new skeleton and a polyp forming on the acan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8wIz8dP3g
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 05:52:04 PM by HeiHei29er » Logged
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

OMG!!! That Duncan and Acan are beautiful!! WTH are you doing!?! LOL. And you got a Purple Tang!! How freaking cool! You must be in heaven Smiley I'd be afraid of myself if I have that much real estate to work with. Smiley

HeiHei29er

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2013, 05:14:23 AM »

OMG!!! That Duncan and Acan are beautiful!! WTH are you doing!?! LOL. And you got a Purple Tang!! How freaking cool! You must be in heaven Smiley I'd be afraid of myself if I have that much real estate to work with. Smiley

Rescaped and it came out pretty good.  Only downside is now I have more real estate to work with.  Wink

Photobucket link below...

http://s871.beta.photobucket.com/user/turbulence_2010/library/Tank%20Photos%201-20-2013
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:34:20 AM by HeiHei29er » Logged
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »

Rescaped and it came out pretty good.  Only downside is now I have more real estate to work with.  Wink

Photobucket link below...

http://s871.beta.photobucket.com/user/turbulence_2010/library/Tank%20Photos%201-20-2013

Trust me when I say....Better to much real estate then not enough Smiley

HeiHei29er

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:41 AM »

Trust me when I say....Better to much real estate then not enough Smiley

I'll have to take your word for it, but make some room for that frag!  Grin
MizTanks
Global Moderator

jamels59
View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 03:34:42 PM »

Come swap time I should have some new room Smiley Going to be bringing my Candy Cane so Jim can frag it up. I'm excited as I haven't had a new coral in over a year!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: